The Pride Lands is one of two sovereign states in The Lion King and the Jungle Emperor series, the other being the Forest Lands. The kingdoms (pride territories) are categorized first by state then by individual kingdom, similar to how various states are all part of the United States of America. The prides are “traditional” or “modern”. Citizens of either state are called pridelanders or forestlanders, regardless of pride membership.
The Pride Lands originally appear in Disney's The Lion King. The idea of them being more that the pride territory of Mufasa, etc. was inspired by the Lion King Wiki's use of the term Pridelanders for the lions in the comic An Unusual Choir.
- The original Pride Lands pride, Pride Rock was founded back when the rock was still a mountain, and was traditional until the arrival of Mtume of the Cliff Pride. Most of the lions are a tawny or gold with colored muzzles, undersides, and paws. Names are usually Swahili with exceptions for Conquers or Betrotheds.
- River, the second Pride Lands pride, formed from a mixture of Cliff and Mountain Pride members, and was traditional until the birth of Sarabi. The lions are mainly shades of brown with colored muzzles, undersides, and paws. Names now may be Swahili, Kalenjin, or Zulu due to the constant fluctuation in rulers until recent years, but a few were Northern Sotho.
- Savannah is the third Pride Lands pride. It was an off-shoot of the original Jungle Pride, traditional until the fall of "Tanglemane". The lions are often pale gold or yellow with mismatched muzzles, uncolored undersides, and colored paws. Their markings are usually a shade darker than the main pelt with one half of the muzzle being white. Names are usually Kalenjin or Zulu with exceptions for Conquers or Betrotheds.
- Grasslands is the fourth Pride Lands pride. It is a traditional offshoot of the River Pride. Most of the lions are tawny or gold with uncolored muzzles, undersides, and paws. Names are usually Swahili with exceptions for Conquers.
- In The Lion King, only one character refers to the "Pride Lands": Zazu. It is not until Simba's Pride that the lions of Pride Rock are termed "Pridelanders".